Ultrasonic Hatch Cover Testing
As water ingress through hatch covers is a main cause of damages to the cargo resulting into claims against insurance companies and P & I Clubs, it is in the interest of ship owners, managers and insurers to guarantee the cargo hold.
Unlike hose testing, ultrasonic hatch cover testing
- is compliant with port and harbor environment management plans as it does not pollute the marine environment
- can locate holes and tears in hatch seals with pinpoint accuracy
- causes no damage to cargo
- can be conducted in sub-zero temperatures
- does not interfere with other crew activities